The Projector Model
Projector was designed with three distinct but integrated modules, each of which is designed to give you answers about a different part of your business:
- Projector's Project Accounting module is all about the past. It helps you track the time and expenses you've invested to date to deliver your projects. It manages the process of invoicing your clients to ensure you bill them for every hour invested and every dollar disbursed on their behalf. Finally, it can act as the project accounting sub-ledger for your general ledger, seamlessly sending transactions to your accounting system to always keep it in sync.
- Our Resource Scheduling module helps you efficiently match the perfect person to the right project. It lets project managers describe what sort of resources they need on their projects based on skill sets, certifications, physical locations, and required hours. It also gives resource managers the ability to match up resource needs with staff availability, and make strategic tradeoffs amongst potentially competing needs. The Resource Scheduling module is central to helping manage future-looking utilization, revenue and profitability, and hiring needs.
- Projector's Project Management module gives you the power to plan, track, and execute projects at a detailed level. It provides a simpler alternative to Microsoft Project if desired or integrates directly with Microsoft Project if needed and allows project managers to assign tasks and track project health at a detailed level. It also provides project workspaces to encourage communication and collaboration with your team and your clients as you deliver the project.
No matter which module or modules you choose, Projector provides foundational layers for each one to provide visibility, control, and integration:
- Projector's Visibility layer includes a powerful analytical reporting engine that lets you design and create reports in Excel pivot tables, allowing you to perform ad-hoc analysis on the data without requiring an advanced degree in quantitative analytics. When combined with Projector's e-mail alerts and interactive dashboards, you'll always have an up-to-the-minute, accurate view of how your organization is doing.
- The Control layer manages workflows and user permissions, giving you the ability to control who is allowed to do and see what and when. Full audit trails will show you who actually did what and when.
- Our Integration layer allows you to integrate Projector with the other critical systems your organization uses. Whether you take advantage of Projector's pre-built interfaces to applications such as QuickBooks, Great Plains, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft Project, or use the web services to build integrations with other systems, Projector's open architecture provides the advantages of best-of-breed thinking with fully integrated systems.