Are you one of those rare individuals who truly understands business needs and how to solve them with technology? Do you have the ability to thoroughly understand really complex systems and get excited about seeing how they can absolutely transform an organization’s business? Are you a consultant yearning to do more than just pure-play delivery—someone who is capable of owning and growing client relationships, managing projects, and providing clients with direction at both a strategic and an implementation level? Can you establish credibility quickly and partner with a wide range of stakeholders from the entry-level data analyst through executives in the corner office?
If all this sounds incredibly interesting and you’re undaunted by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and doing a lot of hard but exciting work, let’s talk…
We are a rapidly growing software company in the midst of expanding our implementation consulting team. Our software is used by professional services organizations such as management consultancies, digital marketing agencies, systems integration firms, and other project-based organizations all over the world to manage their delivery operations. This can be everything from planning projects, managing staffing levels, and tracking time and expenses to invoicing clients, recognizing revenue, and monitoring the health of the organization.
We take a slightly different approach to our consulting engagements than many software companies, which makes our implementation consulting role both exciting and extremely challenging. We prefer not to field a whole team of consultants, each of which functions as a specialist cog in a larger machine. We find that this approach tends to grind the life, the passion, that spark of electricity out of our implementations and adds a level of disconnectedness between us and our clients.
Rather, our implementation consultants function as the sole business analyst, client relationship manager, project manager, management consultant, strategist, architect, implementation consultant, and trainer that truly partners with our client teams to ensure successful deployments. As such, our consultants are seen not only as experts in our own software, they are lauded as authorities in the discipline of managing professional services firms and are seen as strategic partners to the ultimate success of our clients’ businesses at the highest levels.
- Excellent client, project, and expectations management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent business analysis and business process reengineering skills
- Proven ability to work in a detail-oriented and self-motivated manner
- Proven creative problem solving ability
- Proven ability to prioritize and drive multiple efforts simultaneously in a fluid environment
- Proven ability to learn complex systems and concepts with little hand-holding
- Strong technical skills (for example, the ability to analyze APIs to legacy systems) preferred
- Experience implementing PSA solutions and running professional services teams preferred
- BS or MS in engineering, math, computer science, or business
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional services, software, or high-tech environments
- Ability to work from our offices in Boston
- Prior experience with, or ability to quickly learn:
- Operational and financial metrics used by professional services firms
- Principles of general and project accounting
- Best practices in project and operational management
Projector PSA is a company that develops a leading SaaS-based Professional Services Automation (PSA) suite that helps services firms efficiently manage their operations. Projector supports those organizations by helping them track time and expenses, invoice their clients, schedule their resources, and manage their projects.
Founded in 2003, we are growing rapidly, and our success is largely due to a small and tightly knit team of people that share the ability and the passion to contribute to many facets of the business. We are a profitable company with an established, enthusiastic user base and a stable, proven business model. Because we have no debt or external equity investors, we are in the fortunate position of being in control of our own destiny, and are not dependent on winning the next round of VC in order to make next month’s payroll.
If you’re intrigued by all of this, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. But, don’t just send us your resume and your generic “consider me” cover letter that you blast out in bulk. Tell us why you think you’d be a good fit. Let us know what intrigues you about the opportunity. Tell us what scares you. Ask a question or two. Stand out from the crowd.
We’re looking to fill a special role with a special person here, so applications that are part of an indiscriminate carpet-bombing campaign won’t be terribly successful. Stand out by demonstrating you have some understanding of what we’re looking for and how you can help. Oh, and do us a favor and let us know how you found us.
Looking forward to talking with you…
Chief Operating Officer