PPSA Job Listing
Senior Software Engineer — Front End
Projector PSA is looking for an exceptional front-end Senior Software Engineer (Front End) to join our development team in building a sophisticated and intuitive web-based user interface to our cloud-based SaaS application. Talent beats experience but both count. We offer competitive compensation, and a flexible work environment.
WHO IS PROJECTOR?
We are a rapidly growing software company based in Boston with remote employees across the country. Our software is used by professional services organizations such as management consultancies, digital marketing agencies, systems integration firms, and other project-based organizations all over the world to manage their delivery operations.
We’re a proven SaaS-based software provider with a start-up feel. Our goal is to continue to build a team that really enjoys coming to work every day and working hard for our customers. Our company values are a big deal to us:
- Nice and Smart – we strive to be both every day
- Customer Focused – as a service focused business, our customers’ success is our success
- Learn & Grow – we foster an environment where learning is valued and encouraged
- Flexible – our company is small, dynamic, and adaptable
- The Kitchen Table – everyone has a seat, and we grow through diversity of people and thought
The Senior Software Engineer will join our growing front-end development team and will participate in creating the front-end architectural vision and strategy for web-based applications, providing expertise on front-end challenges and best practices.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Application Architects and Technical Leads to provide guidance and participate in implementation of front-end solutions that demonstrate best in class user experiences.
- Work with front-end team on designing, establishing, and growing the UI platform and promoting platform ideas and concepts across multiple delivery teams.
- Develop solutions that are well engineered, flexible, resilient, operable, maintainable, and can be delivered on schedule.
- Lead and actively participate in developing reusable components and modules and implementing them across the application.
- Contribute to and scale our in-house component library working directly with product designers.
- Collaborate with product management team to deliver great user experiences.
- Actively participate in development communities, staying up to date on new technologies and best practices and sharing insights inside the organization.
- Spend majority of your time hands-on coding, but also help carve out and improve our code review process, pair-programming, design patterns, documentation and more.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have extensive development experience using TypeScript and React (or similar front-end framework such as Vue.js, Svelte, or Angular).
- Have experience developing high-performance enterprise-class web-based SaaS applications.
- Have familiarity with common front-end development tools, such as Webpack and Storybook.
- Possess excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and math skills.
- Work independently with little direction yet integrate into a larger team.
- Collaborate effectively with product management, business analysis, QA, and production support teams.
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, math, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in front end software development
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Flexibility to work remotely or in our newly renovated office, conveniently located near North Station in Boston
- Stock options in a fast-growing business
- Generous 401(k) match to help save for your future
- Flexible PTO and holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Beer on tap, company events, awesome coffee selection and bad jokes
- The opportunity to join a proven, growing company with a team that loves to go to work with and for each other every day
If all this sounds like a great role for you, let’s talk more! Email email@example.com with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time