PPSA Job Listing
Application Server & Database Software Engineer
Projector PSA is looking for an exceptional server and database engineer to join our development team in building a sophisticated cloud-based SaaS application that performs like a native application. Talent beats experience, but both count. We offer competitive compensation and a flexible work environment.
Who is Projector?
We are a rapidly growing software company based in Boston with remote employees across the country. Our software is used by professional services organizations such as management consultancies, digital marketing agencies, systems integration firms, and other project-based organizations all over the world to manage their delivery operations.
We’re a proven SaaS-based software provider with a start-up feel. Our goal is to continue to build a team that really enjoys coming to work every day and working hard for our customers. Our company values are a big deal to us:
- Nice and Smart – we strive to be both every day
- Customer Focused – as a service focused business, our customers’ success is our success
- Learn & Grow – we foster an environment where learning is valued and encouraged
- Flexible – our company is small, dynamic, and adaptable
- The Kitchen Table – everyone has a seat, and we grow through diversity of people and thought
The Application Server and Database Software Engineer works within a back-end team that is responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of data and database solutions.
- Database development including architecting scalable data models as well as writing, tuning, debugging and maintaining queries and procedures
- Participate in database administration including monitoring and diagnosing performance issues, plus owning data integrity and hygiene
- Lending support to various teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions
- Design and build web services to support both our clients and our internal user interfaces
- Design and build integrations between Projector and various external systems
- Work directly with clients to build custom integrations between Projector and CRM, accounting, and other external systems.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be excited about learning and working with technologies including MS SQL Server and C#
- Possess excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and math skills
- Work independently with little direction yet integrate into a larger team
- Collaborate effectively with product management, business analysis, QA, and production support teams
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, math, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience in software development
Perks and Benefits
- Flexibility to work remotely or in our newly renovated office, conveniently located near North Station in Boston
- Stock options in a fast-growing business
- Generous 401(k) match to help save for your future
- Flexible PTO and holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Beer on tap, company events, awesome coffee selection and bad jokes
- The opportunity to join a proven, growing company with a team that loves to go to work with and for each other every day
If all this sounds like a great role for you, let’s talk more! Email [email protected] with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time