Projector is a great alternative to Microsoft Dynamics GP’s project accounting module, especially when your needs extend beyond just job accounting into the realm of a full-fledged professional services automation suite. Projector can function as the core operational system for your organization and by helping you track time and expenses, invoice clients, schedule resources, and manage projects. Because the financial impact of all of these activities can be electronically transmitted to the G/L, allowing Projector to function as a full multi-company, multi-currency project accounting sub-ledger for Dynamics GP.
- Web and mobile time entry
- Web-based expense entry
- Configurable review and approval workflows for time and expenses
- Revenue management, including revenue recognition, routing, and accruals for unbilled and deferred revenue balances
- Insight into the profitability of fixed-price engagements — even before they’re completed
- Reduction of “revenue leakage,” allowing you to easily track and invoice for all billable time and expenses
- Detailed analytics of revenue, profitability, performance to budget, and more
Projector has a built-in connector that can interface with Dynamics GP via Microsoft’s eConnect API. This pre-built connector doesn’t require any programming or custom development, so end users can configure and maintain them by themselves quickly and easily.
“Will Projector disrupt how we use Dynamics GP?”
When you use Projector as your Dynamics GP job accounting sub-ledger, Projector translates operational activities into accounting transactions and sends them to Dynamics GP electronically — at the click of a button. These transactions allow you to continue to manage your A/R and A/P aging, pay vendors, and apply cash receipts within Dynamics GP as you have always done in the past.
Because the two applications share information in just the right way, you’ll get the financial control, management information, and operational efficiency that you need. This helps streamline how you work with Dynamics GP without unduly disrupting your accounting procedures.
The pre-built connector allows you to:
- Send accounting transactions to Dynamics GP electronically exactly once, avoiding the drudgery and potential errors of rekeying.
- Create summary receivables and payables in Dynamics GP so you can continue to manage aging, cash application, and cash disbursement there.
- Transmit accounting transactions to Dynamics GP batches that can be later reviewed, approved, and posted.
- Extend the functionality of Dynamics GP by managing the complexities of multi-currency accounting, intercompany transactions, and project-level details in Projector.
- Integrate Projector into your month-end closing processes by providing users with full control over accounting periods in Projector.
- Reconcile the two applications quickly using Projector’s pre-built reports and cross-reference numbers.
How It Works
Once you decide you’d like to use the pre-built connector for Dynamics GP, our implementation team will guide you through configuring Projector so that it works with your Dynamics GP chart of accounts and account numbering formats.
Projector accumulates general ledger, A/P, and A/R transactions as you use it to approve time and expenses, perform revenue recognition, approve payment vouchers, and issue invoices. When you’re ready, you tell Projector to send those accumulated transactions to Dynamics GP. The connector then creates the transactions in Dynamics GP and links the two entries in both products. Once complete, Projector marks the sent transactions to prevent accidental duplication.
Projector and Dynamics GP make a great team. Since there’s no programming or custom development required, it’s easy to get started using Projector to capture and manage time and expenses, invoice clients, schedule resources, and manage projects.