For professional services firms that are currently using Sage Intacct and are growing in both size and complexity, Projector PSA acts as not only a project management and resource scheduling system, but as a full job accounting sub-ledger that allows all of the business operations to be streamlined into a single solution.
The integration between Projector PSA and Sage Intacct provides robust control over the accounting transactions necessary to sustain the business while providing management with unprecedented visibility over the full scope of a professional services firm’s operations.
Projector PSA offers:
- Web and mobile time and expense entry
- Configurable review and approval workflows for time and expenses
- Revenue management, including revenue recognition, routing, and accruals for unbilled and deferred revenue balances
- Insight into the profitability of fixed-price engagements — even before they’re completed
- Reduction of “revenue leakage,” allowing you to easily track and invoice for all billable time and expenses
- Detailed analytics of revenue, profitability, performance to budget, and more
Projector PSA has a built-in connector that can interface with Sage Intacct. This pre-built connector doesn’t require any programming or custom development, so end users can configure and maintain them by themselves quickly and easily.
“How do Projector PSA and Sage Intacct work together?”
Projector PSA translates operational activities into accounting transactions and sends them to Sage Intacct electronically – at the click of a button. This allows you to continue to manage your GL, AR and AP transactions with Sage Intacct, but the effort you put in to do so is minimized to its fullest. In addition, for customers of each company this extends the useful life of each system and provides more options as their needs change.
This integration allows project managers and executives to think in terms common to them without needing to worry about project accounting. This also provides finance departments with all of the information they need in an automated and batch driven process without needing to do endless manual or double entry.
The pre-built connector allows you to:
- Send accounting transactions to Sage Intacct electronically exactly once, avoiding the drudgery and potential errors of rekeying.
- Create summary invoices and bills in Sage Intacct so you can continue to manage aging, cash application, and cash disbursement there.
- Manage the complexities of multi-currency accounting, intercompany transactions, and project-level details in Projector PSA.
- Integrate Projector PSA into your month-end closing processes by providing users with full control over accounting periods in Projector PSA.
- Reconcile the two applications quickly using Projector PSA’s pre-built reports and cross-reference numbers.
- Synchronize Sage Intacct’s customers and vendors with Projector PSA’s clients and resources.
- Distribute job-related responsibilities to project managers and other staff without having to grant them access to Sage Intacct.
How It Works
Once you decide you’d like to use the pre-built connector for Sage Intacct, our implementation team will guide you through configuring Projector PSA so that it works with your Sage Intacct chart of accounts and account numbering formats.
Projector PSA accumulates general ledger, A/P, and A/R transactions as you use it to approve time and expenses, perform revenue recognition, approve payment vouchers, and issue invoices. When you’re ready, you tell Projector PSA to send those accumulated transactions to Sage Intacct. The connector then creates the transactions in Sage Intacct and links the two entries in both products. Once complete, Projector PSA marks the sent transactions to prevent accidental duplication.
For organizations that are using Projector PSA and outgrowing simpler accounting solutions, Sage Intacct would be a natural choice. For professional services firms that are using Sage Intacct and growing, Projector PSA provides all of the tools necessary to manage their delivery operations in a single solution. The two applications accurately complement each other, and together will allow you to manage your business confidently.